10.01.2021

Loss is gain

 I know this well, and can name endless examples to demonstrate. To begin with, when I failed my university entrance exam for history I lost my hopes to enter the Faculty of International affairs, but I gained an opportunity out of literally nowhere to find my dream profession and live happy 14 years doing the job I adore. I lost my dream, I found my vocation.

And then again, in the university it was, that I lost my best friend and first love. What had I gained I realized years afterwards- the most valuable gain of all- first love and a beautiful youth. What we had back when we were 18 was so pure and clean, no lies, no expectations, just us- honest, vulnerable, young, uncomplicated, unambitious. I lost my first love object, I gained my first love story, and the object is still around and keeps me happy by his mere existence on the planet.

I have lost three employments so far- all with my intent. I appeared in the right place at the right time, and after having completed my missions I had to leave, to move on, to go to the next level of the video game. I lost my jobs, and I found my next jobs. I lost old, and I gained new.


I will not be able to recover in my memory all the friends I have lost throughout my recent life, but yet again, I am so appreciative of them entering and leaving my life. No relationship suffers unless it is expired and exhausted. And if the connection is lame, why should people hold on to it? For what? I have lost many friends, some of them, true friends, to my own surprise, but I have always gained, excuse me please, even better friends in return.

I never cling to the old. I respect it, I honor it, I cherish it, but I easily lose it...because it is by losing that I always gain!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий