11.06.2024

The boring art of stupid small habits

Everyone wants to be productive, successful, wealthy, healthy, you name it. People want to take radical steps towards their long-awaited goals. We don't want to eat one less candy a day, no. That's a slow torture. We would rather cut out the sweats all together! And fruits! Fruits contain sugar! They are baaad! very bad! We don't want to wake up fifteen minutes earlier. We read or heard about the 5 AM club. Robin Sharma, here we come! Yesterday(and the many yesterdays before it)I woke up at 9, rolled in bed till 10, got swollowed by social media, and then eventually got up around noon. But I read this book /heard this podcast/ heard this lecture (check which one applies to you) and will set my alarm at 5 am sharp from now on. Well, we all know how these end! Early! Recently I finally got to reading the Atomic Habits by James Clear. Not that Mark Manson (love of my life) has not been raving about the small habits and how important they are, but I guess we need the "right" amount of "dropping" information onto our grey thick mass vessel in the skull in order to finally get to seeing it. It feels boring, indeed, to take the tiny small steps, but in accumulation those are the bigest changes I have ever applied in my life - from my favourite forever-valid nutritional disorders to relationship and work, and OCD, yes. The bicycle has been invented long ago. If we want to wake-up easily, full of energy,happy, and EARLY, we need to go to bed early, with no gadgets, no anger, no alcohol, no late meals, no caffeine, and you know the rest. If we want to get care from the people around us, however primitive it looks, we got to give it first. It's all so boring and trivial and basic and primitive that I feel embarrassed to enumerate them. But they work! The boring art of stupid small habits works! Blissfully!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий